Athletic Therapists specialize in the prevention, assessment, emergency and acute management, rehabilitation and reconditioning of acute and chronic musculoskeletal athletic injuries. Athletic Therapists use a functional approach to injury rehabilitation to work towards helping you return to doing what you love at your highest level of performance. Adhering to the Sports Medicine Model of Care, Athletic Therapists also provide sideline emergency medical coverage of both professional and amateur athletic events.
Reconditioning is the holistic process of improving human movement potential by integrating the strengths of performance coaching and therapeutic practice. Athletes get rapid, effective and long-lasting results because the practitioners address the root cause of injuries and provide complete solution sets. Each solution set is uniquely tailored to the athlete and context of their situation.
Specialties and Certifications Offered by Our Certified Athletic Therapist
- Reconditioning Specialist (Reconditioning Level 1)
- Certified First Responder
- Joint mobilizations and other manual therapy techniques
- Biomechanical assessment
- The application of various modalities, including ultrasound, interferential current, electrical muscle stimulation, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, shockwave, cryotherapy and thermal modalities
- Exercise prescription
- Postural corrections
- Prophylactic or supportive technique taping application
- Sideline emergency medical and sports medicine coverage
- Concussion baseline testing
Booking for Individuals, Teams, or Events
As an individual, you can book in with our Certified Athletic Therapist Crystal Bartkowski for assessment, treatment, and reconditioning. As a team, sport organization, or sporting event manager please reach out to Active Sports Therapy to inquire about field coverage for events and teams.
Our CAT’s Sport Specialties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Track and Field
For a closer look into Athletic Therapy watch here: https://youtu.be/JqzTnpR7ygM