Getting enough sleep is an important piece of the puzzle when it comes to good health, but many people struggle with this. If your neck is sore, or your whole body is tired and achy, you may want to take a closer look at your pillow. Having the right pillow can make all the difference in the world. A full nights rest can leave you energized while the opposite takes its toll on people, especially after a prolonged period of time.
They say that we spend about 1/3 of our lives in bed, so investing in a good pillow just makes sense. Your pillow affects that way that your neck aligns with your spine, and if not correct, it can lead to headaches, strain on your back, and other pain points.
Having a proper pillow can alleviate or help with:
- Migraines and headaches
- Neck, Shoulder, and Back Pain,
- Jaw Pain
- Pins and needles
Our chiropractic team can advise you on whether or not a special ergonomic pillow might be right for you and our clinic carries the enVy RX Pillow on site. As a medical device, it’s possible that your pillow may be covered under a benefit plan if the item is prescribed to you by a doctor.
If you have a pillow you love and still have trouble sleeping, then here are a few more tips from our team:
- Hide your clock – if you’re busy stressing about the minutes that are going by you will likely take longer to fall asleep.
- Avoid or block blue light from devices and televisions. We know that blue light has a waking effect on the brain, disrupting the natural sleep/wake cycle of a human.
- Essential oils like lavender and bergamot can be used as they are known to have relaxing properties.
- Talk with your naturopath doctor about magnesium and whether it is right for you.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine where possible as both can interfere with a good night sleep.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.