Let’s talk lemons! Lemon water is extremely helpful for our bodies and it can be the perfect first drink of the morning because of it’s ability to assist with digestion.
Here are just five of the many benefits of drinking lemon water:
- It can help to balance the ph levels in your body because it is naturally alkaline. It’s said to reduce gastro-intestinal issues from heartburn to bloating and indigestion.
- Helps the body flush out toxins and balance the digestive system. Your liver loves lemon water!
- A great source of vitamin C, lemons can help with fighting the common cold. They are also a source of potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- There are antibacterial benefits to lemon water so a squeeze of it in your tea when you feel a cold coming on is a great choice.
- Your skin will thank you. There is evidence that drinking lemon water can lead to cleaner, clearer skin. Vitamin C is needed in order for your body to produce collagen which is a huge component of healthy, smooth skin.
A few tips!
- Use a straw if you’re drinking a lot of lemon water as the acid can be hard on the enamel of your teeth.
- Peel and add in a one inch piece of fresh ginger for added benefits.
- If you’re not using the peel, zest the lemon with a microplane before cutting it and save the zest to use another time. You can store it in the freezer in a zip-top bag.
- Drinking your lemon water warm or at room temperature is the best choice to get the most health benefits.